How GKCU Protects You
We employ strategic security controls and use a multi-layered approach to protect your personal and financial information when you use our online services. Members create and maintain a unique alphanumeric user ID and password, and their identity is verified at sign on with Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check).
Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check)
The Credit Union provides the Intelligent Defense Check (ID Check) security feature to our members for added online protection. ID Check verifies user identity upon sign on to help ensure the privacy and security of our members’ personal and account information. If certain identification criteria (e.g., location, browser, etc.) do not match previous successful login information, members may be prompted to provide additional authentication before gaining access to their online accounts.
All online sessions are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. SSL is a standard technology that keeps internet connections secure and safeguards any sensitive data sent between two systems. We store your computer or mobile device identifiers that are transmitted when you access our site and we use this data for additional authentication.
We also keep your personal and account information secure through the following additional features:
- Automated time-out functionality logs out inactive sessions
- Account numbers are not used on any messages we send through Alerts, protecting account information sent to your mobile device
Online Fraud Monitoring
The Credit Union uses the following fraud detection methods to identify threats to your accounts and personal information:
- Real-time monitoring of online and card transactions using neural net technology
- Multiple firewalls, anti-virus systems, and intrusion detection and prevention systems
- Branding protection to guard against spoofing
- Anti-phishing and anti-Trojan systems
- Periodic independent, external audits and 3rd party vulnerability testing of our systems and network, including “hack attacks” to try to break into our systems
- External fraud detection services to complement our internal efforts
- Daily web log review for attacks, threats, hackers, uploads, downloads, and attempted access from questionable locations
Online security is a joint effort between the Credit Union and you. To ensure that every measure is taken to keep your information and account access secure, please review measures you may take to protect yourself.