Greater Kinston Credit Union was established by Mr. Charles E. Sanders and Mr. W.F. Grice, Jr. in 1952. The credit union was established for the purpose of assisting the undeserved and has since then been focusing on meeting the needs of its members.
The credit union is a full service financial institution offering a variety of loans and deposit accounts. We are committed to the success of our members and with helping them make financial sound decisions. It is with great pleasure that we serve the residents of Lenoir, Greene, Jones, Craven and Pitt counties.
With other credit unions and support the credit union movement through active participation in credit union organization – state and national.
To members an adequate return for the use of their savings in proportion to the degree of their participation as savers.
A democratic, service-minded organization which will provide a climate that will attract and encourage members to serve as officials of committee members – that will attract and retain capable employees – that will make members proud to belong.
Loans to members for provident and productive purposes at a low rate of interest.
To borrowers, who create the major source of income, monies in excess of those needed to operate and perpetuate the credit union, according to each member’s degree of participation as borrower.