FAT CAT Youth Savings Account
The FAT CAT® program is designed for children up to age 12 and teaches the Credit Union’s youngest members the importance of saving.
- To open an account, the child and the responsible adult1 should visit our local branch
- Must be joint with parent, grandparent or other responsible adult1
- $5.00 required opening deposit
- Interest compounded daily and paid monthly
- Member card for ATM, ASK GKCU and Internet account access via Connect GKCU
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
The child is eligible to receive $1,000 of group term life insurance at no cost. The child’s parent/guardian can increase this coverage to $10,000 for $18 per year2.