FAT CAT Youth Savings Account
The FAT CAT® program is designed for children up to age 12 and teaches the Credit Union’s youngest members the importance of saving.
- To open an account, the child and the responsible adult1 should visit our local branch
- Must be joint with parent, grandparent or other responsible adult1
- $5.00 required opening deposit
- Interest compounded daily and paid monthly
- Member card for ATM, ASK GKCU and Internet account access via Connect GKCU
- Eligible to receive group term life insurance coverage in the amount of $1,000 at no cost
Group Term Life Insurance Coverage
The child is eligible to receive $1,000 of group term life insurance at no cost. The child’s parent/guardian can increase this coverage to $10,000 for $18 per year2.
2 FAT CAT and Zard Group Term Life Insurance is provided by SECU Life Insurance Company. Life Insurance is not guaranteed by, or an obligation of any credit union and is not insured by NCUA