Life can get complicated when unforeseen events occur. Protecting your loan against qualifying life events and unexpected disability could help protect more than your finances. It could help lighten the burden for the people you care about most.
The Credit Union offers voluntary credit life and credit disability insurance on certain personal loans.1 Credit insurance can be selected at loan origination to help pay covered debts in the event of disability or death. Options include single or joint credit life and single credit disability coverage with the following features:
- Coverage is available as a one-time option at loan origination
- 30-day full refund cancellation period2
- Credit life and credit disability insurance can be cancelled at any time and for any reason by written request2
- Maximum monthly insured loan payment coverage is $600
- Maximum claim benefit for credit life and credit disability is $50,000
- Coverage ends at age 703
Credit disability insurance is available only for primary borrowers who work 25 hours or more per week.
2 During the full refund cancellation period, coverage may be cancelled for a full refund. All refunds will be applied to the outstanding principal loan balance. Cancellation of credit life and credit disability insurance at any time during the life of the loan will not affect the regularly scheduled loan payment amount.
3 Coverage ends on the last day of the month in which the covered borrower reaches age 70.