Share (Savings) Account
As part of the requirements to establish and maintain membership with Greater Kinston Credit Union, an individual is required to open a share account with a $5 minimum deposit. GKCU’s share account is a savings account that offers competitive dividend rates and is the foundation of a healthy savings plan.
- Competitive dividend rate.1 View our Share & Deposit Account Rates.
- $5 one-time membership fee to join the Credit Union2
- $ opening deposit and minimum balance requirement3,4
- Dividends compounded daily and paid monthly
- No checks can be written and no automated clearing house (ACH) debits are allowed on share accounts
2 This fee is charged when the initial share account is opened. FAT CAT and Zard memberships are exempt from this fee.
3 A $1 monthly maintenance fee is charged if account is below minimum balance on statement date.
4 In order to take out a loan or vote, you must have a $5 share in the Credit Union. Your $5 opening deposit and balance in your share account satisfies this requirement.