Overdraft Transfer Service
Greater Kinston Credit Union offers an overdraft transfer service, whereby available funds are transferred from existing GKCU accounts to help prevent your checking account from incurring NSF fees or becoming overdrawn. You may select a GKCU checking, share, money market, or open-end personal loan as a protecting account for automatic transfers in the event funds are not available in your checking account to pay items.
- Overdraft transfer fees on a particular account are waived the first two days in a calendar year in which the fees would otherwise be assessed. Once the two days are exhausted for the year, a $.50 fee is assessed for each overdraft transfer.
- You may select up to two protecting accounts
- Overdraft transfers are made from most types of protecting accounts in $50 increments
- Overdraft transfers from money market and share accounts in excess of six per calendar month are subject to an Excessive Overdraft Transfer Service Fee1
- Overdraft transfers from an open-end personal loan are completed only up to the available credit limit2. Overdraft transfers from open-end personal loans are subject to the terms of the applicable credit agreements.
You may request for overdraft transfer service for an existing checking account via Connect GKCU.