Why, When & How GKCU Will Contact You
There are times when GKCU will need to contact you regarding your accounts. When we contact you (and when you contact us) we may ask questions to validate your identity, but we will not ask you for complete account numbers, card numbers or online credentials.
GKCU will never email, call or text you to ask for your financial information such as User IDs, Passwords, or card information. If you receive a call, text or email asking for information, please notify our branch office immediately at (252) 527-4002.
Why Will GKCU Contact Me
- If we detect unusual or suspicious activity on your debit card, our Fraud Prevention team or other GKCU employee may contact you to verify activity and take appropriate steps such as closing and replacing the card to protect you and the credit union from a loss
- If we detect any unusual or suspicious activity on Connect GKCU, our Risk Management team or other GKCU employee may contact you to verify the activity and take other steps as needed to protect you and the credit union from a loss
- If we detect other suspicious activity on your accounts a GKCU employee may contact you
- If there is a problem with one of your accounts a GKCU employee may contact you
- If you contact us and we are unable to answer your questions at that time we may contact you to follow up and answer your questions
When Will GKCU Contact Me
- GKCU employees may contact you 7 days a week between the hours of 8:00AM and 9:00PM EST
- If there is an immediate and urgent need to contact you regarding your accounts we may contact you during other times
- If you contact us during other hours and we need to follow up with you we may contact you during other times than listed above
How Will GKCU Contact Me
- If you make an inquiry to us via letter, email, phone call or other method, we will generally respond to you through the same method
- We may contact you calling your home, work, mobile or other phone number
- We may also contact you by mail
- We do not initiate contact with you via email or text message unless you have previously used that method to contact us or we have been unable to get in touch with you via other available methods. However, we will never email you to ask you to provide us with your personal account or card information.
« Return to Online Security