Stay up-to-date on your account activity and suspicious or potentially fraudulent transactions with our Alerts service. Sign up via Connect GKCU to receive alert notifications on your mobile device or in your Message Center.
Security Alerts help protect you from fraud. We continuously monitor for potentially fraudulent transactions or suspicious activity on your accounts and offer real-time notifications of threats by sending a text message to your registered mobile device.
Debit Card Alerts help you monitor your debit card activity in near real-time. You can set up a Quiet Period1 if there are times you do not wish to receive debit card alert notifications. When you register for Debit Card Alerts, we will send alert notifications to your mobile device when the following activity for a single transaction meets or exceeds a minimum threshold amount you set.
- Single or recurring purchases
- ATM withdrawals from the primary checking account only
- ATM transfers made to or from the primary checking account only
You will also be notified when your debit card gets declined for any of the following reasons, regardless of your minimum threshold.
- Invalid PIN
- Invalid expiration date
- Card has expired
- Available funds are insufficient to pay the purchase amount (NSF)
- Amount exceeds the daily spending limit or cash withdrawal on the debit card
We also continuously monitor your debit card for irregular activity and will notify you if detected.
Learn more about Irregular Card Activity Alerts »
General Notification Alerts notify you when your new e-statement is available, or you receive a secure message in your Message Center.
Account Alerts help you monitor your account activity and spending habits. Choose to receive an alert notification when any of the following activity occurs on your eligible deposit accounts.
- Another Chance Alert: An Another Chance item is pending for a deposit or transfer to avoid being returned due to insufficient funds (NSF)
- Deposit Alert: A deposit is made to your account that meets or exceeds your minimum threshold amount
- Low Balance Alert: Your daily beginning balance2 falls below your minimum threshold amount
- Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) Alert: An NSF fee posts to your account
- Overdraft Alert: An overdraft transfer is made to your Checking account
- Withdrawal Alert: A withdrawal is made that meets or exceeds your minimum threshold amount
Terms and Conditions for Use of This Service
- Replying STOP to 627328 will terminate your Alerts service
- Text HELP to 627328 or call (252) 527-4002 for assistance with the Alerts services
- Message and data fees may be imposed by your service provider/carrier
- Participating carriers include, but are not limited to: AT&T, Boost, Sprint, T-Mobile, U.S. Cellular, Verizon Wireless and Virgin Mobile
Alerts sent may not be delivered if your phone is not in range of a transmission site, or if sufficient network capacity is not available at a particular time. Even within a coverage area, factors beyond the control of the Credit Union and/or your wireless carrier may interfere with message delivery, including your mobile device equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather. While we attempt to initiate all alerts in a timely manner, we cannot control all external factors necessary for you to receive the alerts and as such you should not rely solely on alerts to monitor the status of your accounts. The Credit Union cannot assume liability for any negative consequences if you do not receive alerts, including Another Chance Alerts. By registering for alerts, you acknowledge that neither the Credit Union nor your wireless carrier guarantee alert delivery.
2 The term beginning balance refers to the balance in your account after nightly processing.